Monday, April 7, 2008

==== Fifth Question =====

Life is full of pleasure and sadness.
Fortunately in a sense and unfortunately in another sense,
both don't continue forever,
I mean, we know either ends in the time of duty,
and they take turns sporadically and unexpectedly.
That's why we keep going like this, perhaps with curiosity, expectation and hope.
Nevertheless, sometimes it appears to be so overwhelming that we feel desperate.
At that moment we on and off pray for finding out the breakthrough
or the best way to work out the tricky situation,
in spite of ourselves regardless of our religion.
On the other hand, if we have a strong desire for something,
at the moment we also pray for the achievment.
In either case, we are anxious for something earnestly.
Now, here's my question.

Q : There is something that you strongly desire to achieve or get but that realistically looks out of your reach. At that moment you are suggested that you would get what you want if you gave up 5 or 10 years out of the rest of your life. Would you trade in your 5 or 10 years?

4 comments:

Sammy said...

Hi, Michelle
Definitely, I do.

I love the phrase - it became kinds of cliche, though.-

" You really really want to get something, the whole UNIVERSE will help you" (I can remember exactly, for I'm drunk now because of having small party in my room yesterday with Joey, Eric, and Eunju)

Anyhow, I strongly believe we can and should try to achieve what we really want because life is not so long.

I'm always too serious, right?

I'm so happy with you.
Keep up the good work, Miscelle.

Joey said...

Hi, Michelle!("It depends" girl!^^)

Your question sounds like kind of abstract. I don't understand the meaning of "giving up 5 or 10 years". Does it mean the time to disappear in my life or to spend trying to achieve my goal? If it is the former, it depends on what I want. If it is the latter, I can give up(?) my the rest of my life. (As for me, "give up" is not appropriate to the occasion. I'd like to change it to another word like "invest".) On the day I die, I dont' want to regret not doing what I really want.

Eun-ju, a dandle lion said...

5 or 10 years are too short.
It's easy to give it up for fulfill our desire. However, it sounds like I must have no happiness and endure some pains for the goal. Frankly speaking, I don't want to. I want to enjoy my life and be happy. In the past, I had wasted my time for some achievement, but it ended up with miseray. I'd like to enjoy my days before too late.

Nicole said...

Hi Michelle,
Since I was about 10 years old I have wanted to be an astronaut. I joined 'air cadets' to learn to fly and even though my parents refused to pay for the flight lessons, I have always been interested in the subject. If I could have a chance to go into space, even for a short time, I would give up those five or ten years of life.