Monday, April 14, 2008

=== @ The 6th Question @===

It is so hard to risist the temptation
of so many beautiful blossoms and sweet scents outside.
Nothing seems to be more refreshing and enchanting than Nature(^^;;).
But you know what?
I can also find the fabulous charming things inside.
Go to the department stores~!
We can easily find so many exquisite and lovely things there.
Especially women's clothings...
With such sunny bright colors, vibrantly-printed designs, fragilely thin cloth
and gorgeous details...
I can't keep my eyes off those clothings.
...
I am usually very careful at choosing and buying goods.
But sometimes I buy things impulsively like others sometimes do.
So, the best policy to save moneymight be not to go to department stores ^^. kk..
Last year we so many times heard of the newly coined word, "jiruemshin"
(the Korean slang word jiruem really in fads among youngsters for the English word "buy ", plus the Korean word shin for "spirit")
Many people, especially youngsters and very often females...^^;;;
, are caught in "the advent of Jiruemshin".
Now, I want to get to the point.

Q : Suppose your husband or wife is such an easy victim of "compulsive purchase",
regardless of what the items are.
He or she can't surpress his or her desire to buy something.
How will you help or force your spouse
to break such a chronic habit of his or hers?

3 comments:

Joey said...

Hi, Michelle!

It's not easy. I usually have no desire for shopping like any other man. When I need something, I buy it at the first or second shop. When I shop with my wife, my wife choose everything and I just carry it. So I don't have such a experience as you. But If I make some advice, how about having meals before you shop. Shopping before and after eating is very different. When I'm hungry, I often buy more things than I expected. An after shopping, I regret it. Eating before shopping could be kind of effective.

Sammy said...

Hi, Michelle
Thank you very much for your kind proposal which makes me cheer up again.

Actually, I was the victim. After uncountable naggings and threats, I could changed my shopping style. I'm extremely picky when I choose something to buy. Mostly, I start with web search, and item comments from the users, which is really valuable. And then visit near big marts or discount store to do trial use comparing other brand. I always check the price, and come back home again and re-estimate which shopping mall offer the cheapest price. Of course the store should be verified ones.

The best way is buying a bargain actually means the loss what she or he bought.

Eun-ju, a dandle lion said...

Two years ago, I used to the victim. Then, my emotion was not so stable and I was always hungry for something. I usually buy unnecessary things and soon regretted. I gave many things to others after buying useless things. I suspect I was addicted to shopping. Having some addiction means mental status is not healthy, I think. After I feel better and satisfied with my life, the impulse of purchase has got decreased. If your spouse is addicted to shopping, they might not be satisfied with their lives, so they need to talk with you or counsellors, I think.